10/31/10

Maybe baby

"...maybe if I could have lived more peaceably… 
maybe if I’d met the right person years ago, maybe...
Maybe, baby, the promised land was there and I missed it

 
Look at it glittering in the light.
But the truth is I am inventing the maybe. 
I can only make the choices I make, 
so why torture myself with what I might have done, 
when all I can handle is what I have done.

The Maybe Islands are hostile to human life.

Photo by Marta Cernicka

Much of what I have done is left unfinished- 
not because I left it too soon, not because I was lazy,
but because it had a life of it's own that continues without me. 
Children, I suppose, are always unfinished business: 
they begin as part of your own body, and continue as seperate 
as another continent. 


The work you do,
if it has any meaning, passes to other hands.
The day slides into a night's dreaming.True stories
are the ones that lie open at the border,
allowing a crossing, a further frontier.

The final frontier is just science fiction - don't believe it.
Like the universe, there is no end."
~ Jeanette Winterson



 catmaSutra cat art: Wishing


;)

No comments: