12/5/08

History of time


"Tell me what do you think about death?"

"That's my line."

"Answer me, anyway."

"Death is nothing special."

"Death is nothing special. Everyone dies someday, so it's not special at all. But that's easy for you to say. I mean... you see lots of people as they die. But, you don't see any of them as they live. So you don't really know life. That's the reason you can say death is nothing special."

"Is life special?"

"Against the whole world or all of history, one's life is nothing special. But... for those of us living it, it's very important."

"Not special, but important?"

"Yes. The sun in the sky is nothing unusual. But, it's important that it be there. Death's like that, maybe."

"I'm sorry, but I've never seen a blue sky."

"That's right."


"So you can see that, can't you?"

"I've never seen it before. It really is blue. Yes. its beautiful. So this is what the ordinary and not-special looks like?"

"Yes. But it's very, very important."

Lines from the movie, "Accuracy of Death".



Catmasutra 5
coming your way soon!
18th to 28 Dec
Utterly Art
29A South Bridge Road 2nd Level

;)


No comments: