5/13/07

Catmasutra 2 - One Night in Bombay

It’s a hot humid night. The air is still and heavy. I’m soaked through with perspiration, wearing a suit in this weather. I take off my bowler hat and place it on the metal chair. It’s made of the same material as the ceiling fan. I’ve painted them copper. The room is deep red, as usual. The apple is floating in mid-air but I’ve decided it should behave like a normal apple. So it’s sitting beside my bowler hat as I pour myself some gin. Because it’s Bombay Sapphire, I’m in Bombay which explains why the weather is so hot and humid. I wonder why I’m doing here although I know I can leave this place in the twinkle of the eye but my cat is drunk (having consumed one quarter of the gin already); it has a soft spot for alcohol and fish as you might have guessed by now. This cat has more magic than I do. It’s the living sutra, with a solid grasp as to how life’s supposed to be lived. I’m his apprentice, by the way. One night in Bombay… well, I guess the cat will know what to do when it wakes up. In the meantime, I need to take a shower…

That was 15 months ago. It didn't make it to Catmasutra 2 Exhibition; it was bought by a gallery owner soon after it was painted...

No comments: