5/24/07

In-between time


Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman. I've just bought the latest book by Haruki Murakami. I think I've read all of his fiction and stories. It started out with "Kafka on the Shore", and i've just finished "Hard-boiled Wonderland and The End of the World". If you always felt that you're outside of the system and trying to create your own world in-between time, then I'm sure you would love Murakami's books... "In-between" time -haha, I call it that because it's so apt. It is the time that you give yourself between work and the hundreds of other activities you think you have to do (in order to survive and retire comfortably to travel the world and so on and so forth kind of precept). And this often neglected "in-between" time disappears just as easily as the sun rises and sets. Yet, it is this in-between time that makes my heart skip, see, hear and feel things differently - the real pulse of life. Sometimes you have to tread lightly so as not wake anything up from its deep slumber; sometimes you just wanna scream and shout and wake everything up. So be careful what you wish for; Here you can hear your dreams more clearly than anywhere else...

No comments: