8/28/07

Catmasutra - Non-Collectibles muvee



Another catmasutra muvee from the non-collectibles exhibition. I was using some of the digital art styles for this one, which I think is quite experimental. You can really manipulate the software by layering one style after another and then combining them into one. The music sound track is from Concave Scream, whom I think is a really cool band. The other exceptional local band is The Observatory and you can get their latest album, A far Cry from Here at their website. I did a couple of muvees using tracks from these two bands set to my photos of streets cats as well as Brian Ho's black and white vision of Singapore streets in the wee hours of the morning. Not sure why now, but I'm suddenly feeling motivated to put these clips onto the web... haha! Maybe it was an overdose of cat fur or something, but I guess I can look back and appreciate what I did more! Also, I think the theme is an important one. We're so concerned about progressing, earning more, building more, that we have a tendency to deem everything else as invisible or non-collectibles.

“People are always shouting they want to create a better future. It's not true. The future is an apathetic void of no interest to anyone. The past is full of life, eager to irritate us, provoke and insult us, tempt us to destroy or repaint it. The only reason people want to be masters of the future is to change the past.” - Milan Kundera


;)

No comments: